Red Telephone Box
The red telephone box design was accepted as a result of competition in 1924 and the first started appearing on streets of London in 1926. The original red phone box was known as K2 or kiosk no.2 (in picture) and was designed by Giles Gilbert Scott. In 1935 K6 was designed to commemorate silver jubilee of King George V and it was the telephone box that was introduced through out the rest of the country.
Red Telephone Box can still be seen on the streets of the UK, Malta and Gibraltar. The kiosk has become a great British Icon that some companies have started producing flat pack replicas for general sale. Replicas are used in offices, bars, restaurants and some are even converted into shower cubicles.